The City Secretary is an officer of the City appointed by the City Manager. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and City Charter. The City Secretary is the official custodian of city records and is designated as the City’s Records Management Officer. She also serves as Elections Administrator and is responsible for the administration of all city elections.
Responsibilities of the City Secretary also include:
- Prepares and posts City Council meeting agendas
- Attends all City Council meetings and workshops to record the minutes of such proceedings
- Publishes all required legal notices of the City
- Prepares and posts all City Boards and Commissions meeting agendas
- Maintains all City Council and commission meeting minutes
- Maintains custody of the City Seal and official records of the City including ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements, etc.
- Maintains boards and commissions applications and coordinating the appointment process
- Codification of City Ordinances
- Processes public information requests, special use permits and permit renewals
- Oversees Records Management Program for all City departments to include maintenance, storage, retention, destruction, and preservation of all City documents
- Drafts official proclamations for the Mayor and assist with other needs of the Mayor and City Council
922 Estates Drive
Woodway, TX 76712